With just over a week until Oktoberfest, we figure you will be planning your parties… sourcing good German beer, ordering Oktoberfest party decorations, and prepping your menu. With that last point in mind, here are a few resources for planning your menu:
1. GermanFoods.org has an excellent list of Oktoberfest recipes.
2. For a list of food served at Oktoberfest in Munich, see right side bar of this page on German Food Guide.
3. Here are some more great German recipes from the internet’s largest seller of German food. Conveniently, you can order most of all the food you’ll need for the recipes from their site.
4. Wisconsinmade.com is best website for authentic Bratwurst sausage – they even have Weisswurst, not easy to find in the U.S.
5. A small operation out of Seattle, this guy will ship you authentic soft Bavarian pretzels by mail.
Any more thoughts on Oktoberfest food? What’s your favorite thing to eat while drinking your favorite German beer?